Young Physician News Briefs
Young Physician News Brief Archive
The Young Physician News Brief is a quarterly News Brief created by the Resident, Fellows, & Young Physicians Committee to highlight the most important WDS items.
- 03/28/2019 - WDS - YP Spring News Brief
- 12/10/2018 - WDS - YP Winter News Brief
- 09/11/2018 - WDS - YP Fall News Brief
- 06/04/2018 - WDS - YP Summer News Brief
- 03/05/2018 - WDS - YP Spring News Brief
- 12/04/2017 - WDS - YP Winter News Brief
- 09/05/2017 - WDS - YP Fall News Brief
Young Physician Featured Articles: Career Corner
Things I Wish I Had Known: Pitfalls in the First Year of Work and How to Avoid Them
The WDS Young Physicians Committee shares their insight and experiences from their first year on the job including:
- Pitfalls encountered in the first year
- Preparing for the transition into your first job
- What to focus on in the first six months of your job
- Preparing to start a job in academics/private practice/start their own practice
- Young physicians moving to a new city
- Contract negotiation advice
- Managing staff and running a team
- Making financial decisions in your first year of practice
(Retirement accounts, financial advisor, investments, how to handle loans)
- Tips for efficiency and success during the first year
Building a Brand
This three part Young Physician Career Corner covers tips and advice on how to build your brand from Young Physician Pearls, an interview with Dr. Deirdre Hooper, and expert marketing advice from the Director of Performance Marketing at Vimeo.
|Part 1: YP Pearls
Set Yourself Apart
Building a Career
Building a Reputation
|Part 2: Dr. Deidre Hooper
Defining your Brand
Get Staff Involved
Benefits of Branding
|Part 3: Pro Marketing Tips
Social Media Advice
Dealing with Negative Posts
Brian Tawney is a contract lawyer who works with physician clients and their practices throughout the country, helping his clients execute appropriate financial strategies. Read his career pearls about negotiating contracts where he answers questions like:
- What questions should I ask when negotiating a contract?
- What is the basic structure of a contract?
- Do I need a lawyer to review my contract?
- What general advice do you have before negotiating a contract?