The WDS Mentorship Award Program was created to help promote the concept of Mentorship within the WDS by establishing long-term relationships between Mentors and Mentees.
Applications are Closed
Purpose of Award
The Purpose of the award is to develop mentoring relationships that might not otherwise be possible due to distance or funding availability. The program helps develop leadership potential in candidates who have shown early promise through exceptional activities, which will enhance their contributions to dermatology and medicine.
- All applicants must be dermatology residents in training or junior faculty out of training five years or less at North American institutions.
- All applicants must be current or pending members of WDS.
- Either the Mentor or Mentee must be a woman.
- Each Mentor may support a maximum of two Mentee applicants per year.
- If an applicant accepts funding from another organization for the same proposal or is unable to complete his/her mentorship, the awarded funds will be returned to WDS.
- The Mentorship award is not intended to cover indirect or overhead costs.
- Upon completion of mentorship, the mentee is required to submit a final summary report and headshot that will be published in the annual report.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 27, 2018
Recipients selected and notified: June, 2018*
Rotation time frame: All funds must be used within18 months of notification (June 2018 - December 2019)
Awardees will be recognized at the 2019 Annual Meeting.
*Notification date is subject to change based on committee review process.
- Mentorship Award Application Form (Online)
- Applicant's CV
- Proposed Budget ($2,000 maximum)
- Letter of Support from Chairman and/or Program Director
- Letter of Support from Mentor
- Statement of Purpose
Your statement of purpose should address the following:
- Describe your career goals.
- Describe the goal(s) of the proposed mentorship and any specific project planned.
- How do you envision this mentorship will impact your future career in dermatology?
- How will this experience specifically help prepare you to be a leader in dermatology?