The WDS Mentorship Award Program was created to help promote the concept of Mentorship within the WDS by establishing long-term relationships between Mentors and Mentees.
Purpose of Award
The Purpose of the award is to develop mentoring relationships that might not otherwise be possible due to distance or funding availability. The program helps develop leadership potential in candidates who have shown early promise through exceptional activities, which will enhance their contributions to dermatology and medicine.
- All applicants must be dermatology residents in training or junior faculty out of training five years or less at North American institutions.
- All applicants must be current or pending members of WDS.
- Either the Mentor or Mentee must be a woman.
- Each Mentor may support a maximum of two Mentee applicants per year.
- If an applicant accepts funding from another organization for the same proposal or is unable to complete his/her mentorship, the awarded funds will be returned to WDS.
- The Mentorship award is not intended to cover indirect or overhead costs.
- The applicant may not have received a previous Mentorship Award from the WDS
- The rotation time frame must begin after the receipt of the award (No awards will be given for rotations held January - May of the year of application, Applicants must apply for funding for the year after application should that time frame be desired)
- Upon completion of mentorship, the mentee is required to submit a final summary report and headshot that will be published in the annual report.
Applications are currently closed. Please check back for 2021 dates.
- Mentorship Award Application Form (Online)
- Applicant's CV
- Proposed Budget ($2,000 maximum)
- Letter of Support from Chairman and/or Program Director
- Letter of Support from Mentor
- Statement of Purpose
Your statement of purpose should address the following:
- Describe your career goals.
- Describe the goal(s) of the proposed mentorship and any specific project planned.
- How do you envision this mentorship will impact your future career in dermatology?
- How will this experience specifically help prepare you to be a leader in dermatology?