International Travel Award
The Women's Dermatologic Society provides travel awards of up to $2,500 USD for Women Board Certified (or Board Eligible) dermatologists from outside the United States and Canada to attend the WDS Annual Meeting Luncheon and the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting.
Purpose of Award
The purpose of this award is to provide support for young women dermatologists or fellows with a focus in clinical dermatology from other countries with low income to attend the WDS Annual Meeting Luncheon, as well as the American Academy of Dermatology’s Annual Meeting.
- Women Dermatologists who reside outside the United States or Canada, and are Board Certified or Board Eligible.
- Applicant must have completed their residency.
- Applicants must not have attended the AAD Annual Meeting in the past, or received a previous travel award from the AAD or WDS.
- Preference will be given to those with financial constraints and those who are presenting at the AAD Annual Meeting under the age of 40.
- Application must include a letter of support, in English, from their local, regional, or national dermatologic society.
- Applicants must prepare a detailed budget, which may include reasonable travel expenses, necessary tuition, and appropriate housing expenses. Awards may not necessarily be granted for the full amount requested.
- Applicants must submit their CV in English.
- Awardees will be expected to prepare a brief report, as well as a photo, for publication in the WDS Monthly Newsletter at the conclusion of their experience.
The American Academy of Dermatology provides supplemental support for recipients of the WDS International Travel Award to attend the AAD Annual Meeting. This support consists of complimentary registration for the annual AAD meeting, one educational session, and an invitation to the AAD international scholarship dinner.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 5, 2019
Recipients selected and notified in August*
Awardees will be recognized at the 2020 Annual Meeting.
*Notification date is subject to change based on committee review process.
- International Travel Award Application
- Letter of Support (on society letterhead) from your Local, Regional, or National Dermatologic Society
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) - Written in English
- Detailed Budget of Reasonable Travel/Housing Expenses
- How many hours per week worked in a Hospital and/or Private Practice