This member-driven program is an extension of the Play Safe in the Sun Program and provides tools and resources for local sun safety and skin cancer prevention activities. Through WDS's Coast-2-Coast Program, members are encouraged and equipped to create their own educational outreach events in their offices and communities throughout the year.
DESIGNING YOUR OWN OUTREACH EVENT
Simple. Fun. Rewarding.
Some examples of successful activities presented by WDS members in previous Coast-2-Coast programs have included:
-- Office skin cancer screening days and sun safety education
-- School assemblies and classroom visits
-- Community talks to local organizations and clubs
-- Outreach at baseball games (pro and Little League) or other sporting events
-- News interviews in local media
-- Workplace screenings (dermatologist visits local newspapers and businesses)
JOIN THE EFFORT
Just follow these easy steps:
1. Select a venue, event, or local program to host your event at (community center, YMCA, local marathon)
2. Click Here and complete an activity form
3. View and Download WDS Sun Safety Resources to use at your event
4. Call 1-877-WDS-ROSE (937-7673) with any questions or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Present your event, enjoy, and send us some feedback & photos!
COAST-2-COAST TOOLKITS INCLUDE:
-- Play Safe in the Sun Brochures
-- UV Color Changing Bracelets
-- Sunscreen Samples provided by La Roche-Posay
-- Master Copies of printed resources and tools (may be copied and distributed at your event)
*Coast-2-Coast Toolkits are available to WDS Members only.
*WDS strives to meet each member's toolkit request and requirements. However, toolkit materials are dependent upon inventory and distributed on a first come, first served basis
WDS MEMBERS ARE PLANNING LOCAL SUN SAFETY EVENTS IN THE FOLLOWING COMMUNITIES IN 2017:
- University of Chicago Laboratory Schools Health Fair – Chicago, IL
- Dr. Arlene Ruiz De Luzuriaga
- LPGA Kia Classic Skin Cancer Screenings – Carlsbad, CA
- Dr. Kimberly Butterwick & Dr. Kristina Dela Rosa
- WVU Medicine Cancer Institute Outreach – Morgantown, WV