The WDS Mentorship Award Program was created to help promote the concept of Mentorship within the WDS by establishing long-term relationships between Mentors and Mentees.
Purpose of Award
The Purpose of the award is to develop mentoring relationships that might not otherwise be possible due to distance or funding availability. The program helps develop leadership potential in candidates who have shown early promise through exceptional activities, which will enhance their contributions to dermatology and medicine.
- All applicants must be dermatology residents in training or junior faculty out of training five years or less at North American institutions.
- All applicants must be current or pending members of WDS.
- Either the Mentor or Mentee must be a woman.
- Each Mentor may support a maximum of two Mentee applicants per year.
- If an applicant accepts funding from another organization for the same proposal or is unable to complete his/her mentorship, the awarded funds will be returned to WDS.
- The Mentorship award is not intended to cover indirect or overhead costs.
- Upon completion of mentorship, the mentee is required to submit a final summary report and headshot that will be published in the annual report.
APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED: November 11, 2016
All Applicants will be notified of their status later in February 2017
Mentorship Rotation Timeframe: January to the following June (18 Months)
In order to be guaranteed funding, you must complete your mentorship rotation within those 18 months.
- Mentorship Award Application Form
- Applicant's CV
- Statement of Purpose
- Proposed Budget ($2,000 maximum)
- Letter of Support from Chairman and/or Program Director
- Letter of Support from Mentor