WDS Women’s Health Research Grant
WDS, in collaboration with the Dermatology Foundation, is pleased to offer the WDS Women’s Health Research Grant.
Purpose of Award
New for 2020, this award is intended to focus on women’s health issues where further research is needed. Funding is available for research in the areas of women’s health issues, which range from disorders that affect primarily women, such as lupus and scleroderma, to the effects of hormones and environmental factors on the skin and cutaneous aging.
If you have any questions regarding the Women's Health Research Grant, please contact the Dermatology Foundation via email at email@example.com.
- M.D.; M.D., Ph.D.; Ph.D.; or D.O. degree
- M.D.; M.D., Ph.D.; and D.O. applicants must be no greater than 12 years beyond their terminal degree and Ph.D. candidates must be no greater than 8 years beyond their terminal degree—as of January 1, 2020
- Proposed research focuses on women’s health issue
- Junior investigator in the early stages of academic career
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to skin research
- Project not funded from other sources
- NOT available to residents unless in a research year of a 4-year program defined by no more than 20% of time devoted to clinical responsibilities
The Dermatology Foundation institutional quota does not apply to the WDS Women’s Health Research Grant, and an institution may therefore submit unlimited applications for this award.
Applications due October 15, 2019
Reviews – January to March 2020
The list of 2020 award recipients will be available at noon on the Dermatologic Foundation website following the Board of Trustees meeting on Saturday, March 21st. If you do plan to travel to Denver, award recipients will be recognized at the Foundation’s Annual Meeting of Membership on the Saturday of the AAD Annual Meeting. An email with the specifics will be sent to applicants in advance of the meetings.
For complete eligibility information and application instructions, please visit: