Officer and Director of the Board Selection Criteria
- Candidates must be willing to commit to attending board meetings. Typically there is one (1) in-person meeting per year as well as monthly virtual board meetings.
- Candidates who serve on the Executive Committee must also be willing to commit to participating in virtual meetings, usually once a month.
- Candidates who are serving as Officers or Directors of the Board for other organizations will be considered with respect to their time commitment to the other organization.
- Candidates are expected to be ethical, strategic thinkers who understand the nature of the organization’s physician volunteer-staff partnership.
- Candidates should have served on WDS committees and understand the WDS governance structure.
- Candidates should preferably have served as Chair of at least one WDS committee.
- Candidates should have both the experience and proven ability to express opinion and to engage constructively in discussion and debate; to delegate responsibilities to others; and to place the interests of WDS above personal, state, or regional concerns.
- Candidates should have been in practice for at least 5 years.
- Candidates being considered for Secretary or Treasurer should have served at least one (1) year on the Board of Directors, but preferably one full term of prior experience on the Board of Directors.
- Candidates for Vice President must have served at least one (1) year, but preferably one full term of prior experience on the Board of Directors.
- Candidates for President-Elect must have served at least one (1) full term of prior experience on the Board of Directors or in another officer position.
- Candidates being considered for board or officer positions should reflect diversity in gender, ethnicity, geographical location and training/practice background.
WDS Officer and Board of Directors Nominations
Submissions for WDS leadership positions will be accepted until October 31, 2021. Submissions will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee and new WDS officers and directors will assume office immediately following the WDS Annual Meeting.
WDS positions for election in 2022:
- Vice President
- Assistant Treasurer
- Four (4) Director Positions
How to Submit a WDS Nomination
A complete submission packet will include:
- Completed Candidate Application Form
- Letter(s) of Support – Not to exceed 3
- Nominee's CV
To nominate an individual, please send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application Form for Officer and Board of Director Positions
- Position Descriptions for 2022 open positions
- Organizational Structure Chart
- Guidance for Letter Writers
2022 AAD Nominations
Position Requirements & 2022 AAD Election Activities
Board of Directors
- Four-year commitment
- Fellow in good standing
- No divestment required
- Terms begins close of 2023 Annual Meeting
Nominating Committee Member Rep.
- Two-year commitment
- Must be from West Region
- Term begins close of 2022 AAD Election
For more information, please email email@example.com
The WDS Nominating Committee will present the nominations to the AAD, on behalf of the Society upon Board approval. View AAD reference materials.