- All nominees for elective office must be members in good standing.
- Candidates must be willing to commit to attending two face-to-face board meetings per year including but not limited to meetings held in conjunction with the AAD annual meeting and the WDS annual meeting, plus a minimum of two board conference calls per year.
- Candidates who serve on the Executive Committee must also be willing to commit to participating in conference calls once a month.
- Candidates who are serving on other medical specialty boards should be considered with respect to their time commitment to the other organization.
- Candidates are expected to be ethical, strategic thinkers who understand the organization’s volunteer-staff partnership and the committee process.
- Candidates should be involved in WDS committees.
- Candidates should have both experience and proven ability to express opinion and to engage constructively in discussion and debate; to delegate responsibilities to others; and to place the interests of WDS above personal, state, or regional concerns.
- Candidates being considered for Secretary or Treasurer should have served at least one (1) year on the Board of Directors.
- Candidates for Vice President must have had at least one (1) year, but preferably one full term, of prior experience on the Board of Directors.
- Candidates being considered for board or officer positions should reflect diversity in gender, race, geographical location and training/practice background.
How to Submit a Nomination
A complete nomination submission will include the following:
- Nominee's Full Name
- Letter(s) of Support
- Summary of Nominee's Contributions to WDS
- Nominee's CV
To nominate an individual, please send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org.