Board & Committee Member Selection Criteria
- All nominees for elective office must be members in good standing.
- Candidates must be willing to commit to attending two face-to-face board meetings per year including but not limited to meetings held in conjunction with the AAD annual meeting and the WDS annual meeting, plus a minimum of two board conference calls per year.
- Candidates who serve on the Executive Committee must also be willing to commit to participating in conference calls once a month.
- Candidates who are serving on other medical specialty boards should be considered with respect to their time commitment to the other organization.
- Candidates are expected to be ethical, strategic thinkers who understand the organization’s volunteer-staff partnership and the committee process.
- Candidates should be involved in WDS committees.
- Candidates should have both experience and proven ability to express opinion and to engage constructively in discussion and debate; to delegate responsibilities to others; and to place the interests of WDS above personal, state, or regional concerns.
- Candidates being considered for Secretary or Treasurer should have served at least one (1) year on the Board of Directors.
- Candidates for Vice President must have had at least one (1) year, but preferably one full term, of prior experience on the Board of Directors.
- Candidates being considered for board or officer positions should reflect diversity in gender, race, geographical location and training/practice background.
2021 WDS & AAD Board of Directors Nominations
Nominations for WDS leadership positions will be accepted until October 30, 2020 - Deadline Extended. Submissions will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee and new WDS officers and directors will assume office immediately following the WDS Annual Meeting.
WDS will be filling the following positions:
- Vice President
- Four (4) Director Positions
The deadline to submit nominations for AAD leadership positions has passed. The WDS Nominating Committee will present the nominations to the AAD, on behalf of the Society upon Board approval. View AAD reference materials.
How to Submit a Nomination
A complete nomination submission will include the following:
- Nominee's Full Name
- Letter(s) of Support
- Summary of Nominee's Contributions to WDS
- Nominee's CV
To nominate an individual, please send the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org.