Call for IJWD Editor
Dear WDS Members,
It is with mixed emotions that we announce the departure of Jane Grant-Kels, MD as Co-Editor of the International Journal of Women’s Dermatology (IJWD). As we are excited for Jane to begin her new adventure as the Deputy Editor of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology (JAAD), we are sad to see her go. We know that Jane would have stay on if she could, but the AAD Leadership felt that there may be a potential conflict of interest by being involved in two journals, so she needed to step-down as Co-Editor of IJWD. Jane has been a key contributor to the IJWD and is one of the main reasons for their success. Her passion, dedication, and inspiration will be forever rooted in the IJWD!
Jane will remain with the IJWD until May 31, where she will then step down to peruse her new role with JAAD. WDS will be onboarding a new Co-Editor in the upcoming months and is putting a call out for applications for a new Co-Editor.
Mary E. Maloney, MD
WDS President 2017-2018
- All applicants must be current members of WDS
- Submit a Letter of Interest that addresses the following:
- Experience and past demonstration of commitment to the IJWD
- Qualities you would bring to the position
- Vision for the IJWD
- Submit CV (full or abbreviated)
- Disclosure statement that addresses the following questions:
- Positions held over the last five (5) years in medical societies or associations. (ie. Board of Directors, Officers, Committee Chairs)
- Positions as an Editor, Co-Editor, Assistant/Deputy Editor, or Editorial Board for medical publication
- Government affiliations (such as FDA consultant, NIH reviewer)
- Advisory Boards and/or Speakers Bureau for any pharmaceutical company or medical publishing companies
- Any consulting role with medical/scientific company (including pharma)
- Any activity that could be seen as a conflict of interest if assuming the role of Editor of the IJWD and recommendation on how we could manage the conflict.
How to Submit an Application
Submission should include the following documentation:
- Letter of Interest
- Disclosure Statement
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Fax: 414-272-6070 (Attn: Missy Zagroba)
By Mail: Women’s Dermatologic Society
Attn: Missy Zagroba
555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Application Deadline: Monday, January 28, 2018
Applicants Notified of Status: Week of February 5, 2018*
*Notification date is subject to change based on committee review process.