Women's Dermatologic Society Newsletter
Winter 2013 (Volume 17, Issue 1)
- PRESIDENT’S MESSAGE
"It seems like just a few weeks ago that I accepted the gavel from WDS Past President Diane Berson, MD to begin my term, and yet here I am already writing my last President's Letter for the newsletter. What a year it has been, and I am so grateful to all of you for making it such a rewarding experience for me. I would like to extend a special Thank You to the WDS Committee Chairs, Board of Directors and Executive Committee for their incredible support during my term..."
~ By Janet G. Hickman, MD (Read More Online Here)
- WDS MENTORS: Marcelyn Coley, MD (Mentored by Valerie Callender, MD) • Aruna Venkatesan, MD (Mentored by Libby Edwards, MD) • Megan Cherry, MD (Mentored by Susan Weinkle, MD) • Ashley Wysong, MD (Mentored by Deborah MacFarlane, MD) ~ By Ashley Wysong, MD and Zoey Glick, MD
- ELECTIONS: 2013 WDS Officer and Board of Directors Candidates
- WDS MENTORSHIP AWARDS: If you are interested in applying for this award in the future, please visit our Mentorship department!
- CORPORATE SUPPORTER PROFILE - WDS Sponsor Profile: Mary Madden with Galderma Laboratories ~ By Sharon Glick, MD
- DON'T LET YOUR MEMBERSHIP EXPIRE! Membership renewal notices were sent out in early November to anyone with a membership expiring on December 31, 2012. Your membership directly impacts the mentoring, networking, and grant award programs that make WDS and our members flourish. Please renew today to guarantee member discount pricing on your Annual Meeting Luncheon registration! To make the membership renewal process faster and easier for you, we now offer online renewals HERE!
- WDS CONTRIBUTORS LADDER: The Women's Dermatologic Society wishes to acknowledge the following companies for supporting the Society
(Read More Online Here)
- READS & RECOMMENDS - View Online Here
- LEGACY FUND: As the WDS prepares to celebrate 40 years of helping women in dermatology realize and fulfill their greatest potential, now is the perfect time to contribute to the Legacy fund. You can help us build a solid future for the WDS through the Legacy Fund. Make your pledge today!
(Pledge Online Here)
The WDS Legacy Council wishes to recognize and thank the following donors who have made contributions through November, 2012, with their cumulative rose designation. We would also like to extend our ongoing, sincere appreciation to all Red Rose donors, past and present.
(View Donors Online Here)
- WDS SPOTLIGHT: In the spring newsletter, we introduced our readers to the Skin Advocate iPhone app, developed by WDS member Shadi Kourosh, MD and her mentor, Paul Bergstresser, MD (UT Southwestern), with sponsorship of the Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID). The app provides direct links to all the organizations in the Coalition of Skin Diseases (CSD), an alliance of patient advocacy groups. Here, we offer additional information on the Coalition of Skin Diseases.
- MAKING A DIFFERENCE:
- PETALS & PEARLS - Petals & Pearls captures the wisdom, life experience and practical advice of seasoned WDS members. All WDS members and graduating residents are entitled to receive a copy at no charge, but we do ask for a $10 donation to cover shipping costs. Additional copies are available for $65.
(Order your Petals & Pearls on the WDS website today!)
- NOTICE OF VOTE TO CHANGE WDS BY-LAWS: WDS members will be voting on a proposed by-laws change to recognize DO's as Active members (currently Affiliate members) at the Annual Meeting Luncheon in Miami, Florida on March 3rd at the 71st Annual American Academy of Dermatology Meeting.
- WDS SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS:
- New Delhi, India
- Sydney, Australia
- NEWS & NEWSMAKERS: GOT NEWS? We need to hear from you!
Do you have suggestions for content that would be of interest to our readers? Give us your ideas! Have you been recognized for a professional accomplishment or community service activity? Let us know! Have you learned of someone else's achievement, but they're just too modest to speak up? Share it! Ideas, news and updates are always welcome! Please submit news and future topic suggestions to Laurie Schall, WDS Newsletter Coordinator. email@example.com
- Questions please contact the WDS at toll-free at 1-877-WDS-ROSE (937-7673) or via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Winter 2013 Newsletter
BACK ISSUE ARCHIVE: 2012 • 2011 • 2010 • 2009-2002 | Viewing Help