International Travel Award
APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED.
The Women's Dermatologic Society provides travel awards of up to $2,500 USD for Board Certified (or Board Eligible) dermatologists from outside the United Sates to attend the WDS Annual Meeting Luncheon and the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting.
Purpose of Award
The purpose of this award is to provide support for women dermatologists from other countries to attend the WDS Annual Meeting Luncheon, as well as the American Academy of Dermatology’s Annual Meeting.
- Dermatologists who reside outside the United States or Canada, and are Board Certified or Board Eligible. Residents may also apply.
- Preference will be given to those with financial constraints and those who are presenting at the AAD Annual Meeting.
- Application must include a letter of support from their local, regional, or national dermatologic society.
- Awardees will be expected to prepare a brief report, as well as a photo, for publication in the WDS Monthly News Brief at the conclusion of their experience.
- Applicants must prepare a detailed budget, which may include reasonable travel expenses, necessary tuition, and appropriate housing expenses. Awards may not necessarily be granted for the full amount requested.
The American Academy of Dermatology provides supplemental support for recipients of the WDS International Travel Award to attend the AAD Annual Meeting. This support consists of complimentary registration for the annual AAD meeting, one educational session, and an invitation to the AAD international scholarship dinner.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 1, 2018
Recipients selected and notified: Mid-August*
Awardees will be recognized at the 2019 Annual Meeting.
*Notification date is subject to change based on committee review process.
- International Travel Award Application
- Letter of Support (on society letterhead) from your Local, Regional, or National Dermatologic Society
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV) - Written in English
- Detailed Budget of Reasonable Travel/Housing Expenses